SIDO INFORMATION (Sports Inclusion Disability Officer):
The Sports Inclusion Development Officer works towards increasing participation for people with a disability in sport and active recreation through working in partnership with all stakeholders.
Some of the main responsibilities of the SIDO's position are:
- Promoting the many benefits of participation in physical activity for people with a disability.
- Establishing a disability sport forum, encouraging co-operation and collaboration with service providers, sports clubs and organisations, voluntary organisation and other key stakeholders.
- Assessing levels of programme and service provision by relevant agencies targeted at encouraging increased participation in sport by people with a disability.
- Facilitation and development of training and education programmes for coaches and teachers in the County.
- Organising events, taster sessions etc. including follow-up links to clubs and groups.
- Linking with volunteer networks to assist people with a disability to become active.
Elaine Shea is the Limerick Sports Partnership Sports Inclusion Disability Officer
Contact details can be found here: Elaine Shea