Community Sports Hubs for Older Adults:
The Limerick Sports Partnership in conjunction with IPB and Age & Opportunity have developed SEVEN Older Adult Community Sports Hubs across Limerick City and County. These hubs are to encourage and enable more people to get physical active in the community.
- Clarina/Ballybrown Community Centre (Clarina, Co Limerick – next to the church)
- Our Lady of Lourdes (Westend Community Centre, Childers Road, Limerick – near Lidl)
- St Munchins FRC (Kileely Court, Limerick – down by Johnsey’s Shop)
- Desmond Complex Newcastle West
- Croom Civic Centre (adjacent to the park)
- The Irish Wheelchair Association (Unit 6, Resource & Outreach Centre, LEDP, Roxboro, Limerick)
- Killeedy GAA Club (Raheenagh, Ballagh, Co Limerick
Each hub has received €2000 worth of equipment from IPB and all centres have received training in the delivery of Go For Life Games. All hubs will provide 1 monthly Go For Life come and try session that is FREE to members of the public and we invite you to attend as many of these sessions as possible.
Remember ‘It’s never too late to get active’
HOST A HUB IN YOUR LOCAL AREA - HAVE A PHYSICAL ACTIVITY TUTOR ATTEND YOUR GROUP FOR FREE FOR 8 WEEKS. CONTACT CIARA OR TRACY AT 061333600 IF INTERESTED OR FOR MORE INFORMATION: