LSP COMMUNITY SPORTS & PHYSICAL ACTIVITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Limerick Local Sports Partnership, a Company wholly owned by the Local Authority and supported by Sport Ireland have secured funding for the recruitment of a Community Sports & Physical Activity Development Officer on a fixed term contract.
The Development Officer will facilitate and support the development of initiatives in Limerick which will expand the range and quality of opportunities for the people of Limerick to be more physically active. The successful candidate will work with specific target groups as outlined in the LSP Annual Operational Plan.
The candidate shall:
- Hold a relevant diploma/degree in sports related studies
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a sports or recreation related environment
- Experience in the areas of education, social or community development work or of working in the community sector in a developmental and supportive capacity either in a paid or voluntary role
- An understanding of the community and voluntary sector and the sports and recreation environment and of motivating those sectors with lower participation characteristics to become involved.
- Have the inter-personal skills to involve people and communities in the planning, delivery and evaluation of programmes and initiatives.
The salary scale for this post is €26,756 to €43,889 on an incremental scale where relevant.
Please send Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae by post or email to:
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 11th May at 4pm
Candidates may be short-listed on the basis of information supplied in their application.
Limerick Local Sports Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.