GARRYOWEN COMMUNITY SPORTS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (CSDO)
Garryowen has been selected as a Community Sports Hub where local facilities are supported to encourage greater utilisation across the whole of life spectrum in participating and promoting Physical Activity.
The creation of this Hub is made possible through funding from Dormant Accounts facilitated by Sport Ireland and Limerick Sports Partnership (LSP). The LSP have partnered with Garryowen CDP and Limerick Youth Service in progressing this exciting project for the Garryowen Community.
The Community Sports Development Officer will facilitate and support the development of initiatives in Garryowen Community which will expand the range and quality of opportunities for the people of Garryowen Community to be more physically active. The successful candidate will work with community groups with a particular emphasis on key target groups i.e. older adults, young people, teenage girls, young men and women and individuals with a disability.
The candidate shall:
- Hold a relevant diploma/degree in sports related studies
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a sports or recreation related environment
- Experience in the areas of education, social or community development work or of working in the community sector in a developmental and supportive capacity either in a paid or voluntary role
- An understanding of the community and voluntary sector and the sports and recreation environment and of motivating those sectors with lower participation characteristics to become involved.
- Have the inter-personal skills to actively recruit and involve people and communities in the planning, delivery and evaluation of programmes and initiatives.
The salary scale for this post is €26,756 to €43,889 on an incremental scale where relevant.
Please send Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae by post or email to:
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 11th May at 4pm
Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of information supplied in their application.
Limerick Local Sports Partnership, Garryowen Community Development Project and Limerick Youth Service are equal opportunities employers.