The Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
ASPIRE is a graduate employment programme being funded by Sport Ireland in 2018. This programme has been approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund. The aim of this programme is to enable a number of recently qualified Sport and Physical Activity graduates to gain relevant experience working in the sports sector and to develop relevant skills and knowledge. The successful graduate will receive an 11 month contract and will work directly for Limerick Local Sports Partnership. Limerick LSP are responsible for the recruitment and selection of the graduate.
The role of the ASPIRE Graduate will be to support and coordinate programmes and projects in liaison with the organisation’s business departments/units, stakeholders and volunteers. The successful individual will perform a wide range of administrative duties to support the organisation. This placement offers the successful graduate a significant opportunity to gain relevant experience and to potentially advance their career in the sports sector. Previous experience in a similar role is not required.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To support the team / organisation in achieving project / programme objectives.
- To coordinate and have direct responsibility for a project or a specific set of tasks related to a project / programme.
- Perform ad hoc duties as required.
- Support in general office administration duties which may include; maintaining programme records and monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
- Support and assist in the development and delivery of Sports Partnership community and physical activity initiatives.
- Supporting the LSP team in the coordination of key programmes and mass participation events throughout the year.
- Complete key tasks in the lead up to each event/programme.
Limerick Sports Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.