Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
Organisation: Limerick Sports Partnership
Location: UL Sport Arena, University of Limerick
Contract Length: 11 month contract
Full time / Part time: Full time
Salary: €25,000 (based on an annual salary @ 11 months)
Application closing date: Friday 24th January 2020
Programme duration: 25th February 2020 to 22nd January 2021
The Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
ASPIRE is a graduate employment programme being funded by Sport Ireland in 2020. This programme has been approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund. The aim of this programme is to enable a number of recently qualified Sport and Physical Activity graduates to gain relevant experience working in the sports sector and to develop relevant skills and knowledge. The successful graduate will receive an 11 month contract and will work directly for Limerick Local Sports Partnership. Limerick LSP are responsible for the recruitment and selection of the graduate.
The role of the ASPIRE Graduate will be to support and coordinate programmes and projects in liaison with the organisation’s business departments/units, stakeholders and volunteers. The successful individual will perform a wide range of administrative duties to support the organisation. This placement offers the successful graduate a significant opportunity to gain relevant experience and to potentially advance their career in the sports sector. Previous experience in a similar role is not required.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To support the team / organisation in achieving project / programme objectives.
- To coordinate and have direct responsibility for a project or a specific set of tasks related to a project / programme.
- Perform ad hoc duties as required.
- Support in general office administration duties which may include; maintaining programme records and monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
- Support and assist in the development and delivery of Sports Partnership community and physical activity initiatives.
- Supporting the LSP team in the coordination of key programmes and mass participation events throughout the year.
- Complete key tasks in the lead up to each event/programme.
The graduate must:
- Have graduated with a Masters or Primary Degree from an Irish Institution in the area of Sport or Physical Activity between January 2019 and November 2019.
- Be currently unemployed i.e. not in current employment (if currently in part-time work i.e. tutoring roles etc., you are eligible to apply but must then work full time as the ASPIRE graduate if successful)
- Be available for the 11 month contract duration.
- Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis.
- Be eligible for timely Garda Vetting.
It is desired that the graduate has:
- • Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- • The ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- • Strong communication skills
- A constructive, positive and progressive attitude to working as part of the Sports Partnership’s team
- An ability to develop partnerships with the wider community
- A self-motivated approach to work.
- • Passion for sport, physical activity and health
- • Excellent written and spoken English
- • Have a full clean drivers licence and access to your own transport.
Candidates shall be in a state of health which would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Hours of Work
The contracted working hours are 35 hours per week. However, the successful candidate must be flexible and willing to work evening and weekends to accommodate the service needs for which time off in lieu can be taken.
All properly vouched out of pocket expenses reasonably incurred will be reimbursed in accordance with the Sports Partnership’s policies and procedures.
Shortlisting of applicants will apply.
Limerick Sports Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.
ASPIRE, Limerick Sports Partnership, UL Sport Arena, University of Limerick, Castletroy, Limerick V94 XT66.
The closing date for receipt of application is Friday 24th January 2020 at 4pm.
Interviews will take place on Friday the 31st January 2020.
If you have any queries on the role please contact Phelim Macken at 061-333600.
Limerick Local Sports Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.
‘This project was approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund’